Membership is automatic for all parents/whanau of students attending Burnside High School, and teachers working at the school. Everyone is welcome to our meetings! These are held in the Burnside High staffroom unless otherwise stated.
To provide a link between the student, parent/whanau, and the school, and to foster a sense of school community.
Our objectives are:
- To actively promote interaction between parents & teachers, school management, and the Board of Trustees.
- To provide educational opportunities for parents in relation to their student’s development.
- To use the PTA funds to provide improved facilities and opportunities for the school community.
- To support and organise the sale of new and second-hand uniforms.
- To provide the opportunity for parents to have a voice.