Burnside High School operates under a gender-neutral uniform policy. There is no girls’ or boys’ uniform. Students may choose to wear the ‘fitted’ or ‘non-fitted’ uniform options, regardless of gender. Please note some uniform items are seasonal.
The Summer Uniform is compulsory for all students year 9 – 12
- During Term 1 – until such time as the Principal deems it too cold (normally from mid to late March) when the Winter Uniform will apply
- During Term 4
The Winter Uniform is compulsory for all students year 9 – 12
- Once the Principal deems it too cold to stay in Summer Uniform (normally from mid to late March)
- During all of Term 2 and Term 3
- For all formal occasions, such as Prize Giving
Physical education uniform is compulsory for all Year 9 and 10 Students and those doing Physical Education in Year 11.
The BHS Uniform Shop stocks new and second hand uniform items and is open:
- Every Monday at lunchtime (during term time)
- Every Tuesday, 2:45pm – 4:00pm (during term time)
- Contact: Julie Cook (Ph 358-8383)